Tuesday, January 18, 2011

fitness update

So it’s been 2 weeks now since I started my new diet, and I gotta say, I’m adjusting rather well. Originally I felt like eating constantly because of a little itch in my stomach telling me I’m not completely full, but that itch has turned into a pleasant pinch. You wont see me overeating again!

As far as exercise is concerned, I’m trying to get out at least half an hour a day to jog, however, it isn’t always so easy, between sleet, snow, and rain, it’s difficult to find a place to run that isn’t full of ice lately, which brings me to a rather interesting subject concerning fitness.

Video games. The wii revolutionized motion based gaming a few years back, and now the kinect is came out for the xbox, removing all controllers. And I gotta say, Microsoft did a rather good job with the kinect.

Only problem is that it’s honestly not that good as a gaming device.

Sure, kinectimals looks alright, at least as far as kids games go, it’s a cute little thing to put on an xbox, however, there aren’t really any kinect games worth playing that aren’t fitness related. Out of all the xbox games I’ve bought recently in an attempt to give the kinect a fair whack (kinect joy ride, kinect adventures, kinect sports, deca sports kindom, and your shape: fitness evolved) I didn’t really find any of them that enjoyable except for the last game.

I’ve been logging about 1 hour – 2 hours daily, and the biggest contribution to my new lifestyle honestly has to be the fact that it’s taught me about 30 new exercises for aerobic and toning purposes. I honestly feel ubisoft did a bang up job on this game, and I would like to see more from ubisoft Canada. Unfortunately, I don’t have much in terms of screenshots or examples at the moment, but next time, I’ll go much further in length. If you want to get fit, I’d definitely suggest buying this game up. It’s biggest strength is easily the variety in exercise.

The kinect is worth a look if you're fitness minded, otherwise, i'd suggest passing until better games come out honestly.

No comments: